Let yourself be amazed by the vivid colours of Burano through a fairy-tale tour with a licensed guide who was born, raised and is a resident of the island. Discover secret corners of this little village and gain insights into its history, traditions, craftsmanship and curious facts that only locals know. Pompeian red, cadmium orange, lemon yellow, cobalt blue and ultramarine will follow one another in fanciful sequences. Find your favourite for a perfect selfie – there are backgrounds galore to choose from! Some of the highlights of the visit:
- Hear commentary about the islet community’s birth and lifestyle provided by your local guide
- Discover the origins of the habit of colouring houses
- See the iconic leaning bell tower, and learn how an ingenious mechanism prevents it from falling
- Take a selfie at Bepi’s house — the most colourful and pictured spot on the island
- Stop at sculptor Remigio Barbaro’s house
A private tour is also possible if you wish to discover the islet at your own pace and taste. The 2-hour private tour of Burano may start from the nearby Mazzorbo Island upon request.
Terms & Conditions are available here.